Sunday, May 9, 2010

I would love to, in the future, have a job or jobs that are a mix of: Dan Savage's, Ira Glass's, Andrea Gibson's, and that girl from the l word who works at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian center who almost broke up Alice and Tasha (she was the head of the youth center). And when Im 80, I want to be Betty White. I just saw her on SNL, and it was one of the funniest things I have seen so far.
Can I please just be the artsy fartsy feminist dyke activist radio show host sex columnist writer that I want to be?

Who do I ask so this can happen? What do I do so that it will happen?

Dan Savage came to school on friday. He was so funny and honest and blunt, and just, well great. Hes openly gay, very sarcastic, very rude and crude and crass, and sweet and obviously cares that people are confident about their sexuality and them selves.
Can I the female version of him? well, the lesbian female version of him? (he constantly talked about sucking cock, and that is something I ams simply not interested in). He gets to be on This American Life, and talk with Ira Glass. He gets to talk about gay rights with Anderson Cooper on CNN. He leaves in seattle writing for a cool newspaper, has his own podcast, and fights for gay rights, lives with his long time boyfriend and 12 year old son. Oh, and lets not forget his toy poodle who is deaf and only has one eye.

Yeah, that life seems pretty good. Not that I want exactly that, but I want a wife, I want a dog and cat, and a house, and a job Im good at and love to do. Some times that seems to much to ask, and other times I feel like I could do anything.

So.... what it seems like is going on... is I'm a growing college student who is scared about the future.
Not that different from anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment